The Lodge has a fleet of open safari vehicles and a staff of trained guides. Walks and drives to areas of scenic and historical interest include visits to the famous rock paintings, the historical battle sites and to the grave of Cecil John Rhodes at World’s View. Local guides are on hand to take visitors into the nearby tribal area where Ndebele and Kalanga people continue to live a traditional life style.Game drives are conducted into the Matobo Hills National Park in search of black and white rhino, giraffe, zebra, sable antelope, leopard and a host of other species. The Matobo area is famed for the density and variety of bird species and for its bewildering population of brightly coloured lizards. Times of activities vary seasonally but guests are personally advised each day of departure times and options available.
- Tracking white rhino on foot through the hills with an experienced professional
- Driving in an open vehicle to some of the best cave paintings in Africa to explore
the caves and learn about the history of the San-bushmen.
- Evening sundowners and a historical talk at the grave of Cecil John Rhodes.
- Cultural trips to the friendly local community villages to interact and learn the way of
the local inhabitants.
- Game drive through the national park searching for some of its renowned birdlife.
- Early morning drive to scout for leopards.
- Hikes and walks throughout the property.
ACTIVITIES – per person (Pre-book only)
Choices of game drives, rhino tracking on foot, visit to ancient caves adorned with bushman art, trips to the rural areas, historical talk and drinks at Rhodes grave as well as game viewing and birding.
|Half Day (Morning or afternoon)
|Full Day (Lunch included)
|Early morning game drive (2-3 hours)
|Late evening game drive (2-3 hours)
|*prices are per person and in USD
TRANSFERS (pre-book only)
Other transfers within Zimbabwe – please contact us and we will assist you.
|Bulawayo Centre to Matobo Hills Lodge
||$ 40.00 (per person)
|Bulawayo Airport to Matobo Hills Lodge
||$ 60.00 (per person)
*Book through our official website for the lowest price guarantee.
Visit Famous Rock Paintings
Visit historical Battle Sites
Visit Cecil John Rhodes Grave